sooooo i think i have a broody sexlink

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
i know its near impossible, but puff hasnt left her nest in 2 days, other than when i made her leave so she could eat..... anyone here ever had a broody sexlink hen?? lol i have put eggs under her... we shall see what happens!

Wow, congrats!

It seems everybody has a broody but me!
barnie.gif

Quote:
You could make a trip to Southern Idaho. I have one that has been sitting since April. Nothing has worked to get her off the nest.

i have been waiting for forever on for a broody! i totally didnot expect my sexlink to be broody! i was expecting my silkies to go broody lol

a sexlink is also called many other things, for example, golden or black comet, production red , etc. its 'breed' of chicken that can be sexed at birth by their color. puff, the sexlink that we are talking about is a red sexlink, i cant remember how they are mixed so that sexlinking works, but its like mixing a Rhode island red with a white bird(leghorn perhamps?)
hope that helps

i just noticed your only a few hours from me. ive had two broodies this season so far. one i put chicks under the other i havnt been able to break

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom