sooooo is he sensitive now?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GOSPELSOLDIER, Jan 10, 2010.

1. GOSPELSOLDIER

GOSPELSOLDIER Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    new britain
    LoL, My Rooster is an Flarrey eye Oxford Old English Game Rooster. Until 4 days or so, when i got him his girl, a Silver Duckwing china gamefowl hen, he was a mean meannie.
    He'd go after me and even when i tried feeding him anything. Which by the way i loved it. It showed the true gameness in him. Now and since i've placed him with his girl he is a punk....LOL he wont come after me, he wont try to intimidate me, hes not showing the aggressiveness he did as he did before i got the hen a few days ago. isnt that something. So is this normal...i mean i dont want to leave him by himself and remove his girl but will this mess up him being gameish. what is really crazy is that he wont try to protect his girl when other roosters are near. Before, he would go balistic. SO the true question is has he gone sensitive?

anyone?

hes not sick whatso ever, he does feed and drinks, hes normal other wise just not himself.. as if someone just place a brand new rooster there..lol

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I don't know, but it sounds cute. (I know, not what you were wanting to hear)

Maybe he is just wrapped up in the new girl right now (trying to impress her) and then he'll go back to his old self. [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

He has his mind on ........something else!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by