SOOOOO PROUD!!!!!! My bantam cochin has her first babies :-) Pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GermanChick, Sep 30, 2011.

1. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    OMG !!!!!! Today started the big hatching. My sweet little black bantam cochin hatched out some eggs. I got her in spring, she started laying eggs and within 2 weeks she was broody and I just couldn't "break" her. She was just constantly sitting in the nesting box...... for over 1 month !!!!!!! I finally built a little "mommy suite", separated from the rest of the coop with chicken wire and stuck some eggs underneath her. And Tah-dah....... today the babies are coming. So far 3 have hatched, another egg has a crack in it and I am sure by tonight we will have another baby. I am not sure about the fifth egg, we will see. I am sooooo proud of her [​IMG]
    The Rooster we have is a Salmon Faverolle and we have BO's, BA's, BR's, White Australorps and one SF hen. Can't wait to see how the babies will look like. No idea what kind of eggs were underneath her [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    what a sweet mama!

3. Caheen

Caheen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] How cute!

4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    OMG!!! Our bantam black cochin hen just hatched a chick today too!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats on your Girl!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  5. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    I have my other red Cochin bantam sitting on another 5 eggs, since she also was very insistent that she wants to be a mommy. She is "due" in 9 days. Those Cochins are just something, can't get them to be not broody. I hope that they are satisfied now that they have babies. Hopefully they go back to laying again, I really liked those cute little eggs. Next spring they can hatch again if they want [​IMG]

6. ALRwild

ALRwild Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Idaho
    Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!! They're sooooooo cute!!!!!!! Congrats! [​IMG]

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    She's a gorgeous little mama!! Congrats on the new arrivals!

8. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    way to go little momma.... congrats [​IMG]

9. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    love how shes looking at them!

I'm going to be putting some of my EE's eggs under my broody PR in a few days! I just got the EE yesterday and she was in a pen with a roo so I thought I'd take advantage of her fertile eggs as I don't have a roo myself!!

10. zathura12

zathura12 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    So cute... you must be so proud of her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by