Soooooo last night I spanked my chicken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Naughty, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    How was that for a title?

I have 6 babies - 2 are roosters. One is a lil bitty maran looking thing - decided he wanted to come at my 3 1/2 year old daughter - so I tossed a bit of water at him... he has major attitude (already chased my lil white dog around the coop a few times) but hes so funny- as long as he leaves the baby alone

Then my lil baby golden laced wyandotte decided he was going to be big and bad and came at her - his back was to me -s o I smacked his back (lightly of course) and yelled NOOOOOO - he looked so comical looking -

hmmmm - he appears to be listening - but of course - any mother will tell you - dont turn your back on em... one thing I expect all my animals to do is respect the baby though... hope i dont have to spank em much though - i'm scared someone will take pics for blackmail!

Got em both in April - but no clue as to the age - they were TSC clearance babies... lol

2. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Did you follow up by saying bad chicken?[​IMG]
    I have 12 hens and they have been getting gutsy latley. I think it is cause they were getting ready to lay, anyways One pecked at my 6 yr old and she said "You better stop before Mom makes chicken for dinner" I laughed so harn . And for those wondering NO we have never processed them this is our first batch.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I think given your name .. that was a pretty racey title! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

LOL! And by the way, welcome! [​IMG]

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Been there! I swat my Barred Rock's bum when she won't let off the younger girls. She is a pullet but definately the queen of the coop! Every now and then she gets arrogant and tries to put me into the pecking order. If that happens I push her, gently but firm, on her chest away from me and she realizes I am the ACTUAL boss. Never swat her hard, but I do make sure she moves out of my way when I want more space [​IMG]

6. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    I wanted a barred rock soooooooooo bad - but no one will sacrifice the hens! i didnt want babies at first either -b ut they grew on me...

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I would certainly hope so! Bad chicken bad bad bad!

10. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    OH MY !!!!!!! but you got my attention.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by