Sooooooo Disappointed, lost 2 of my 3 remaining Cuckoo Silkie chicks

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
This is the third time I've tried to hatch these suckers,
barnie.gif
first time I got one to survive, second time none hatched and this time out of 8 eggs I got three to develop and hatch, but after a few days the best 2 just went downhill and stopped eating/drinking and despite my best efforts of fluids and handfeeding I lost them.
hit.gif
Hope the last one makes it... just makes me so sad. All the ones from my eggs hatched and are surviving, I guess the trip was just too much on them.
th.gif

It is probably just me, but I think silkie eggs may be a little sensitive to shipping. I have had many eggs and only gotten a few silkie chicks from them. I have had pretty good hatches from shipped eggs on most other breeds.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
I was wondering about this I thought it might just be me. I am trying to hatch a few for a niece of mine I have been having a hard time so far, the eggs I have been getting are shipped too.

I wonder....... is that possible for a certain breed's eggs to be extra sensitive? I ordered a dozen silkie eggs and none hatched. I bought 2 dozen from bobbi porto and only 8 are developing right. Lockdown tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom