Sooooooo STRESSED!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Swissmiss989, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Swissmiss989

Swissmiss989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    This is my first hatch its day 19 and in lockdown. I have silkie eggs. My big silkie egg has been wiggeling for the last day and a half or so. It moved before I left the house at 7pm and when I got back at 10pm there was no more movement! Should I be worried? I really thought this one would be my first baby! Ugh I didnt know incubation was so stressful! Help please!

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

no need to worry yet sometimes they take quite awhile after you first see movement or hear peeps.. Good luck wishing you a good hatch [​IMG]

3. mrs_ed

mrs_ed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Phx, AZ
    hatching is a lot of work! They take little rest breaks, no worries, it will probably be soon!

4. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    I'm so worried! I can't wait for this to be over I'm almost cross eyed watching the incubater. I also can't get my humidity above 60% since I don't have pips yet can I slip in a damp paper towel with out harming the eggs?

5. scoopy82

scoopy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    With my first hatch I had one pip at 10pm at night with no other signs from any of the other eggs, no wiggles or noises - nothing. I went to bed as I managed to convinced myself that sleep was important, and in the morning woke to find 2 fully hatched chicks and the one that pipped still going! It hatched after lunch that day and was just fine. They all take just as long as they need to so try not to fiddle with them too much. A wet warm sponge thrown in quickly might get your humidity up a bit more? Good luck [​IMG]

6. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    I want to thank all of you for your help! I never thought in my wildest dreams I would turn gray over eggs lol. Ill slip in a sponge quick.

7. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck on your first baby!

8. mrs_ed

mrs_ed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Phx, AZ
    Quote:Did any eggs hatch yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by