SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited - but worried

Jaguar6

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Hello,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited cause my chicks should hatch this coming weekend. My first ever hatch! I am just concerned about the temp fluctuations that happen once and a while. I hope that it did not affect the development of my chicks. I did not have the money to buy an incubator so we built one with a styrofoam cooler. I could not find a computer fan so we have none but there is still good ventilation. I am happy but worried and do not know at all what to expect when they arrive.

Just needed to tell someone....

Quote:
You sound like me last week, One of my bantams went broody so I got her some silkie eggs to sit on I was so anxious and excited a few days before they were due to hatch, I nearly put off going to a party just incase they hatched and needed help. Mine are in the main coop and are now 3 days old and doing fine, I was worried the other hens would peck them or the cat would get them or its too hot for them but they are doing fine. Don't worry to much all will go well but I know how your feeling
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Take a good breath and now to enjoy the miracle and mysteries of chickie's birth.

But I do understand and relate......It's such a wonderous but nerve racking time.

Keep us posted.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom