SOP - LF Silver Pencilled Wyandottes???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pips&peeps, Feb 21, 2009.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Can someone out there who has the SOP tell me what the weight is for large fowl wyandottes for K, C, P & H?

2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Dont you have a standard? Lol, I cant find mine right now or else I would help you.

3. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Okay I found it

C-8 1/2
    K-7 1/2
    H-6 1/2
    P-5 1/2

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Cock - 8 1/2 lbs
    Cockerel - 7 1/2 lbs
    Pullet - 5 1/2 lbs
    Hen - 6 1/2 lbs

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:Is it allowable to have any flecks of white in the breast of the cockerel. I sold birds on eggbid and I am trying to pick the best cockerel to ship to the lady. They were August or Sept hatched, so I would consider them cockerels still. The pullet is 6 lbs.

Little one is 5lbs 14 oz
    Medium one is 7 lbs 4 oz
    Large one is 7lbs 11 oz

I don't have a standard, I borrowed my friends copy and typed the pertinent ameraucana info into my computer.

The APA was supposed to put out a new copy last year and did not. I was planning on getting one.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  6. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I dont see anything about white flecks in the breast being a defect. The standard simply says Breast: lustrous greenish black. I have seen many silver pencilled and partridge roosters that have some flecks in their breasts so I dont think it would be that much of a problem. I would send the one with the best type. If you go to acornhollows site they have the ideal wyandotte type in a figure drawing.

I know what you mean about the new standard, I remember every one was getting excited for the 2007 standard then they said 2008 now its 2009, its crazy. I am waiting anxiously for them to hurry up with it.

I saw your wyandottes on eggbid, they look pretty good and I was suprised to hear they are from a hatchery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by