sore eyes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cynthia12, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I have new chicks..one is determined to go after the white chicks eyes..probably because they are so black and noticeable. I've separated them now, just noticed it. Poor thing, both eyes are sore..What do I put on them if anything..
    anyone on, please let me know. This has to be painful from the looks of it. I feel bad I didn't notice her eyes..I did notice that the other chick was pecking at eyes, but just didn't notice how bad the white one got it! Thanks!

2. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Sterile neosporin could be used, but the stuff in stores is not sterile. You could try sterile eye drops that are OTC, or ask your vet for an antibacterial eye ointment. They may not require an appointment for it.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Thanks Classic..I remembered that I have silver solution in the house! Love it for infections in our own eyes..haven't had a problem for a while, but then remembered it works so well. My chick is doing fine. I separated them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by