Sore throat...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sassymygirl, May 12, 2010.

1. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    I have a really bad sore throat, it hurts to talk and swallow. Got any remedies?

2. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

First I would make sure it is not strep throat or something that needs a prescription. If it is just a sore throat, I love making a drink with hot water, fresh squeezed lemon, and honey. It really helps soothe the throat. I also will gargle with a little hydrogen peroxide mixed in with a cup of warm water to help kill any germs.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Salt water gargle or a few drops of grapefruit seed extract in water to gargle.

4. jendh

jendh Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2010
    Athens
    Copied this from the Sufficient Self site. I used it myself a few weeks ago when I had a sore throat and chest congestion, it cleared both up within a day. I was very happy [​IMG]

Use the white parts and the roots of scallions and some minced ginger (no need to peel, just scrub.) Simmer in some filtered water, covered, on low heat for 30 minutes. Strain and drink throughout the day, hot, with honey. This is an expectorant.

Hope you feel better soon.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sass, there's only one solution. Immediate and complete amputation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by