Sorry a little yucky question about poop

Yachana

Hatching
Sep 25, 2015
I am new to chickens. I noticed a round rubber band like thing in one of the birds poop. It is round about 1in. It didn't stretch out or open up (yes I had on gloves) she could have gotten a rubber band from the yard. They eat anything. But I wanted to check and see if it could be something wormy. I give them Mothers Apple Cider in their water, they were vaccinated when they were hatched, I put DE in their food and bedding and feed them yogurt. They have been healthy so far and it is just one. Is it something I need to be concerned with or no? Do you know?

As a matter of fact, I just saw something in one of my chicken's poop this morning that resembles what you're describing. It was just shed intestinal lining that happens from time to time and is normal. If it's not moving, it's probably not worms.

I am new to chickens. I noticed a round rubber band like thing in one of the birds poop. It is round about 1in. It didn't stretch out or open up (yes I had on gloves) she could have gotten a rubber band from the yard. They eat anything. But I wanted to check and see if it could be something wormy. I give them Mothers Apple Cider in their water, they were vaccinated when they were hatched, I put DE in their food and bedding and feed them yogurt. They have been healthy so far and it is just one. Is it something I need to be concerned with or no? Do you know?
Welcome to BYC!

Best when you find something like to that to take good pics of it with a quarter next to it for scale.

Agrees with azygous "If it's not moving, it's probably not worms."

Back
Top Bottom