Sorry I had to post pics of the triplets LOL **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Here are my triplets -- my first hatch went wonderfuly all 3 eggs hatched -- two of the babies still had some yoks attached but after a mild panic attack on my part - those two are do wonderful.

so here are the triplets

First born Peanut - her yoke is totally gone and she is up walking

[​IMG]

second born - Topknot - he is the only one who has the crest ( I guess I know who his daddy is LOL ) you can see a little hint of the yellow running down the front of him
    [​IMG]

last baby born - is a very pretty yellowish grey color?? I am thinking his daddy is my Pekin ? he is still in the bator - he has a little yoke still left to absorb but he is doing just fine - sometime today I think he will be able to join the other two - no idea of a name yet - any ideas??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant believe they are finally here - I know I am going on and on about them but I am just so happy I did it and they are doing so well !!!

I cant wait to do this again [​IMG]

Julie

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Congrats to you and great job!!!

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Congratulations!!!! Very sweet babies!

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    How about "Sleepy" or "Dopey"? Wow, I didn't realize hatching ducklings took more work than chickens. Must be scary sometimes!

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What cute little ducks.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good job, Julie! Congrats on your new little water hogs!

7. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Great job Juile!!

100% hatch rate your first time [​IMG] your are

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] awesome [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edited to add a name: How about Tanner?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  8. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    ty everyone -I cant stop staring at them - it is so hard to believe that just a few weeks ago they were only little eggs with an X on one side an O on the other !!

I know that getting all eggs in the bator to hatch is most likey something I will not be able to do again I will just call this beignners luck!!

so far Peanut and Topknot have had a little sip of water but have had nothing to eat yet so I will watch them and see when I can get them to take a nibble.

well I wish I could name him Tanner - but DH said it does not "fit" [​IMG] so I guess I need to find the size of the baby and find a name in his size?? [​IMG]

Julie

9. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    ** UPDATE **

all 3 of the ducklings are doing great !! they are all up walking and they found that water is something fun to splash in - so now I have 3 happy wet ducklings [​IMG]

they are eating fine and making a mess with that also

the lighter one is all fluffy and walking and has none of the yoke sak remaining - he is now in the brooder with Peanut and Topknot - he also has been given a name we are calling him Uno.

I cant believe how active these little guys are - not even a week yet - I am totally in love with them....

Julie

10. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They are awesome! You must be very proud, congratulations! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by