Sorry If This Is A Dupe...........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gltrap54, Nov 30, 2012.

1. gltrap54

gltrap54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    I know, there's "Why aren't my hens laying?" threads daily...... but I still gotta ask....

My 6, 2.5 year old, Golden Comet hens haven't laid in 4 months. They went through a light molt, but I'm sure they're done. Do these hens burn out this early?

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Don't know specifics on that breed but it may also have to do with it now being winter. Don't know where you are located but I have always been told they will slow or quit altogether in the winter months. You might try a light in the coop if you don't have one. I can't give much more advice than that. Hopefully someone with more experience/knowledge with that breed can help.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    They slow down a lot i the winter and their reovering from a molt so I think their just taking a break.

4. gltrap54

gltrap54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Been buying eggs at the store & it just aint the same! Doesn't help that I'm the impatient type.......... They have a light & our temps here in NE Kansas have been very mild.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by