Sorry JennsPeeps, but I win the bet!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by coffeelady3, Nov 12, 2008.

1. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Mia and I came home from swimming lessons to find 2 eggs in the coop. Elinor's making up for lost time!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Yeah yeah... and you know what you can DO with those eggs, too!!
    [​IMG]

(btw - congrats...!! I got your pic text right before I went on stage for my concert at TCC last night!)

DBF is still freaking out that you got eggs and we haven't had any. I can almost hera him drone on.. "we'll never make it...".

3. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Hey JennsPeeps,

I keep seeing you waiting for your eggs on different threads and I know how you feel! Ugh...........how old are your girls? Mine are 22-24 weeks and still nothing! Nada...zip...zilch....bipkus.... [​IMG]

4. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    congrats on your first eggs! did you eat 'em yet??? (i have to admit, as excited as i was to get the eggs, i was a lil scared to eat them.... i'm so weird.... NOT scared anymore, though - haven't had to buy eggs here - with the exception of easter - since january!)

[​IMG]

jennspeeps and luvinmypeeps - don't worry, grasshoppers, your time will come! [​IMG]

5. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I threw the egg into some fried rice last night. I asked my little girl if she wanted to eat it for dinner and she got that sad look on her face and said No! I love it! (She ate it anyway.) I actually found 2 lying under their roost. I put one of the eggs back out in the nest box hoping she would get the idea. This afternoon I stopped at home in the middle of the day to check, and that smart little chicken laid another egg right where she was supposed to! (Who says chickens are stupid!) So now I'm at 3 eggs in 3 days. Not bad for her just starting out!

Jenn- at least you know it should be soon, since our girls came from the same batch! At least I hope so!!!!! I'm rooting for you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by