1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sorry McMurray...bought LOCAL....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by giasmom, Apr 10, 2009.

1. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I went to the local feed store yesterday, to get some supplies. I was talking with the owner, telling her my chicks were on order but wouldn't be here until the end of May. She then proceeded to give me a number for one of her customers that has some laying hens & chicks for sale that live in the same area as I do. Hum , BUY LOCAL , I thought. And so after calling seller yesterday( AS SOON AS I GOT HOME ), this morning , I go to their place, well, no baby chicks. However they do have some nice looking 11mo.old layer hens (BR) in amongst the rest of the many differant breeds and ages of hens and roos. , needless to say, I left there a PROUD chicken owner. 6 hens ,1 roo. Not even two hours after I get them settled in to their new home , I am the PROUD owner of my first EGG ! So I'm sorry to say I think I will be cancelling my order with McMurray in the morning. Now, the waiting is over ...& the FUN has begun !!!
    This has been THE BEST DAY !!!! I just had to tell somone!!! Thanks for listening !

2. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    But you skipped the best part. Those cute fuzzy butts that you had to feed, handle, and clean the brooder everyday. lol Enjoy![​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] Good job. The first egg is always the best, except for the second, third, forth, fifth...

imp

4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    now get a bator, put some eggs in, and you'll get some babies!! no need to order them. they can be homegrown. lol. congrats on the new chickens

5. giasmom

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Hey homegrown is the best ! Isn't it ?

6. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Congrats! Do you have any pics of your new ladies? [​IMG]

7. giasmom

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Sorry no pics at this time. Printer has been down for a while.[​IMG]

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I decided to buy from a NC person (sorta-local) and she is raising my chicks for me to POL...No heat lamps, no shipping babies, no feeding, cleaning brooders etc... In June, I will drive a few hours and pick up my ladies, and hopefully, soon after they arrive I will get my first egg.. Congrats on your new girls..Dixie

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Some one who has ordered from McMurray will be glad that you canceled.

10. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    were you not pleased with your order from mc murrey?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by