sorry mom!

tunaoftheland

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
My mom keeps a vague eye on my chickens while I'm at work. She only likes them from a distance though, even when they were fuzzy chicks. But she is a nice person, so when she noticed that they had somehow knocked over their outside water she became concerned. What if that was the only water they had? I wouldn't be home for several hours, could they last that long? So she put on her rain boots and boldly went where no mother (at least not this one) had gone before. Into the chicken run! Picked up waterer- fine. Filled up waterer- fine. Bent over to put waterer back- chicken attack! Henrietta loves shoulders and I guess she just couldn't resist one being offered so close. She meant well, but my mother FREAKED. She screamed so loud my dad and brother-in-law, who were in the house working, came rushing out to see who was under attack. Of course, this freaked out Henrietta and made all the chickens go crazy, so she couldn't even leave until they stopped running around so that she wouldn't step on them. She told me her saga when I got home, and for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sure the girls appreciated their water though
gig.gif

ahhh poor mom.. on behalf of all shoulder loving chicken owners.. (mine too
wink.png
) we are so sorry..

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
me too..

Last edited:
gig.gif
lau.gif

I had to laugh because when my mom comes to visit she will look at them from outside the run and really freaks when I let them out. So all I could picture is this happening to my own Mother....
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh I know, I was regretting that as well. Plus seeing it for myself would have been, well...
lau.gif

LOL I can just picture your mom in that chicken run. That is too funny. There are a lot of people like that. Some of my friends who don't have chickens like to walk around at my farm, but Big Mama (my snuggle machine) follows us everywhere. She is persistent in pecking at the back of your pants leg. They used to try to get away from her and ask "why does she keep biting me". haha I told them "those are love pecks..a gentle reminder that she's down there saying, hey don't forget about me, I need a hug". They're like..well make her stop. Our only defense is to pick Big Mama up and carry her along for the tour. She's such an attention seeker.
gig.gif

Jody

My stepdaughter will timidly venture into the backyard and start squealing when the chickens run to her to get treats. ("Why would anyone bother going out back without treats", they think).
Then she runs away and the rooster, being a rooster, thinks, "Oh someone to chase and and act all tough in front of" and he chases her out of the yard.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom