Sorry....

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
So far I hate the new look of this site....
sad.png
I haven't been on in a while and it's quite a shocker! It's too much and confusing to navigate....plus until I figure out how to change everything....I can't even see what the heck I'm reading/typing!
Any way to have a choice on how it looks?
I know y'all worked hard on it....I'm sure lots of people love it...I just hate change, I guess....especially THIS much! I loved this site so much and now it's gonna take me FOREVER to get used to it...
hit.gif

Plus, it seems to take longer to post...
ETA: There is WAY too much stuff on the sides of the threads!
I FEEL LOST!!

Last edited:
There was about 16,000 posts that said the same thing as yours, everyone hated it. Now, since people have had a chance to use it for a week, we are finding its really great. Just give it some time, change is hard, but I think you'll find that it will become much easier to use if you give it a chance.

At first I hated it too. :p
But then I figured you can turn off the right hand side 'clutter' on the forum pages (I think if you're a GFM/PPM) and things started to look more normal. Also the posting box at the bottom of the page saves a lot of time and extra clicking. :lol:

Above all though, the most important thing is that my friends and my favorite threads are still here, same as on the old site, and that's really what matters in the end. ;)

I noticed today (Sat) that I am not being notified of new posts ., I am subscribed to. When I check them out myself, I see I am way behind . My preference was set to "immediate" and yet zilch notification. for (among others) the Wasingtonian & Icelandic threads.

Also when I am cruising the forums, now and then I may add a post. Next thing I discover I have been subscribed to them. I only wanted to make a comment in passing, so then I have new subscriptions to delete.

In the old old BYC days, I could specify if I wanted to subscribe/unsubscibe by just clicking on either one . Now I have to go to my profile and mess around and change preferences to delete, when in no way did I subscribe.

Have tried to be patient but all I know is most of my BYC friends are not showing up on any of the forums. and I really miss them.

I agree changes are a pain.
barnie.gif
Just give it time, what I did even thou I didn't want to go on byc because of the changes. I would do a little every day (when I can) and now it is getting easier. Changes are always tough and I hate anything to do with computers because things change so fast with them. Just hang in there byc has so much to offer it's hard to stay away!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I agree. I hate not getting notified of new posts on the Icelandic thread. I checked in today to see I missed two pages! I also hate being automatically subscribed to threads I reply on. My email inbox is hard enough to manage without all the new emails. Does anyone know how to turn off the feature that automatically subscribes you to threads on which you post? I am not posting to avoid the automatic subscriptions issue.

I noticed today (Sat) that I am not being notified of new posts ., I am subscribed to. When I check them out myself, I see I am way behind . My preference was set to "immediate" and yet zilch notification. for (among others) the Wasingtonian & Icelandic threads.

Also when I am cruising the forums, now and then I may add a post. Next thing I discover I have been subscribed to them. I only wanted to make a comment in passing, so then I have new subscriptions to delete.

In the old old BYC days, I could specify if I wanted to subscribe/unsubscibe by just clicking on either one . Now I have to go to my profile and mess around and change preferences to delete, when in no way did I subscribe.

Have tried to be patient but all I know is most of my BYC friends are not showing up on any of the forums. and I really miss them.

I agree. I hate not getting notified of new posts on the Icelandic thread. I checked in today to see I missed two pages! I also hate being automatically subscribed to threads I reply on. My email inbox is hard enough to manage without all the new emails. Does anyone know how to turn off the feature that automatically subscribes you to threads on which you post? I am not posting to avoid the automatic subscriptions issue.

Quote:
I believe you can go to your profile,
edit acct details,
scroll down to Email Preferences and set to Don't Subscribe.
Then you will have to choose to subscribe to the threads you post on.

Imp

Kinda weird, my preview (of this post) shows my setting as Don't Subscribe, but

the post itself shows the options.

Hope this is clear.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom