sould I be eating breakfast or still plannin on chicks?

chickaroo3

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 21, 2012
Hello All

Day #2 and mistake #2.....I set my digital thermomenter on the top of the egg turner instead of placing the one that came with the hubovator on top of the eggs....realized my mistake and corrested....one on top of eggs read 104!!!!!! yikes the digital on the egg turner read 100.4......what is the concensus....are they cooked or is ther still hope

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
What brand of HovaBator are you using?
Is it still air or forced air?
How warm is it in the room with the incubator?

There's hope. How long were they at 104? Supposedly 104 for over a couple hours is a very bad thing.
IMO too hot is way worse that cool.
Much will depend on the vitality of the birds.
I set 30 penedesenca eggs once and the incy went haywire ranging from 92 to 108 for a week before I gave up and put more eggs under some broodies. I forgot about the incy and quit turning for the last two weeks.
Two of them still hatched, a boy and girl that are 21 weeks today. I'm expecting eggs from that bullet proof girl any day. I'm putting the boy over my hens next week. These Black Penedesencas are really hard to kill.

thank you all for the reply

I have the hobovator 1602N not forced air...they were in there like that for prob...5 hours..the room is a steady 70 dergrees....have my fingers crossed and it has been corrected

They're fine, to incubate with still airs you set the temp to 101-102 F reading at top of the eggs. That way the average temp of the egg will be 99.5-ish. So with that in mind you were only 2 degrees over temp for 5 hours. Not bad at all.

Day 3.....everything is finally smoothing out....temp on top of eggs is reading right at 100 and humidity is sitting at 37%

Back
Top Bottom