Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello everyone .

My roo again showing one symptom

• Mild Sound While Breathing & head shaking
They shake their head and sneeze while eating millet too

He (both) is 4 Months old , healthy eyes clear , nose clear , poo totally normal with white cap and there's no other symptoms except sound while breathing ..

I'm giving them Oral Solution Of "Neomycin & Doxycycline " By Today

Half teaspoon In 1 ltr water
Any natural or any advice ???

My roo eat their poultry meal now with

Pearl Millet
Fresh Corn
Cooked Rice With Vegetables
Fruits Are Stopped Due To Winter

My Roo Live With Us In Our Home In Their Brooder We Don't Have Coop , Ventilation Is Low Nowadays Due To Winters But Their Box Has Big Holes/Windows .

Thanks
All advice will help me a lot thanks

Last edited:
They shake their head and sneeze while eating millet too

Does he have a source of grit - like course crushed granite or small stones to help process the millet and corn?

Any mucous/discharge from the nostrils?

He may be sneezing to clear his nostrils of small seeds like millet, the shaking of the head could be adjusting the crop. It's hard to know - if you have a video of his actions that would be great.

I would keep watch on him, provide him grit and watch to see that he is drinking. If he is not showing symptoms of respiratory illness - continuous/frequent sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, facial swelling or similar, I would stop the antibiotic treatment for now. Antibiotics can help with secondary infections when a chicken is sick, but should only be used when you are seeing a clear indication of symptoms.

If you have poultry vitamins or even childrens multi-vitamins (no iron) you may want to add those to his food or water 1time a week to give him a boost.

Ventilation is important, even in winter, so try to keep as much air circulating in his housing as possible. It will also help to clean up overnight droppings daily.

Does he have a source of grit - like course crushed granite or small stones to help process the millet and corn?

Any mucous/discharge from the nostrils?

He may be sneezing to clear his nostrils of small seeds like millet, the shaking of the head could be adjusting the crop. It's hard to know - if you have a video of his actions that would be great.

I would keep watch on him, provide him grit and watch to see that he is drinking. If he is not showing symptoms of respiratory illness - continuous/frequent sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, facial swelling or similar, I would stop the antibiotic treatment for now. Antibiotics can help with secondary infections when a chicken is sick, but should only be used when you are seeing a clear indication of symptoms.

If you have poultry vitamins or even childrens multi-vitamins (no iron) you may want to add those to his food or water 1time a week to give him a boost.

Ventilation is important, even in winter, so try to keep as much air circulating in his housing as possible. It will also help to clean up overnight droppings daily.

Yesss We have grit available all the time mostly. Some small sand pebbles as my country don't made official bird grit this really makes me sad ..

A friend whose vet told me to give them small sand pebbles or sand or crushed pebbles ..we arrange like that advice ..

Moreover then that ..when they running they scarch all over in walls ..

No no.there's no mucus
Clear nose n eyes only lite breathing sound ..

He little acted weird today like he's acting like sky is falling over him

I have pet birds vitamins without iron
IMG_20170831_175610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom