Sounds like World War one around here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cynthia12, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I can't believe people spend that kind of money! Now that the air fireworks are legal here, it is crazy!!!!

2. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I don't mind fireworks a few days before or after, but around here they start up the second week of june and won't stop til the end of July.

It gets annoying after awhile.

3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    I don't mind them except for last night after the holiday should wind down...... some yahoo is firing off multipal cannons until 1:00 am when I have to get up at 4:00 am to go to work......... that pisses me off!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    We were lucky, they started to settle down around 11:00. It was so quiet after, it was eery, like I said, haven't heard that many fireworks since the 80's, when everyone loved doing some at home...the sky was lit up, and you could just see the smoke in the air from the street lamps. I was actually worried about my chickens! They seem fine today..my Golden Retriever didn't like the noise though!
    Still wonder why people spend that kind of money on fireworks, when they could be spending it on chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    My dogs really hate this time of the year. I bought everyone raw beef bones, but the dogs had trouble focusing on them. Poor things. I think every one of my neighbors spent thousands on the darn things - artillary from every direction till after 11pm. [​IMG] Gotta love those M-80's

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by