SOUPY EGGS??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by runnergirl, Mar 9, 2012.

1. runnergirl

runnergirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    I recently got some eggs on ebay and when they got to me they look like they are full of water, when you tip the egg the fluid just rolls around like a cup of water. the seller is very sweet and has offered to send me some more eggs, she packages them in an egg carton with styraphome penuts around it. what is the best way to wrap the eggs for the most successfull ship? im sure its because of rough handling durring the mail process.[​IMG]

2. araucanasmom

araucanasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern NJ
    When I got mine they were individually wrapped in toilet paper then bubble wrap, put into egg carton with what looked like pillow stuffing material in between each egg then the egg carton wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a box with more pillow stuffing material all around it.

3. runnergirl

runnergirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    wow that sounds good

4. I would say definitely bubble wrap each egg as well as those balloon pillows. So hard to ship eggs safely. Nice of the seller to replace the eggs. Let us know how the next ones are when they arrive.

Good Luck!

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Our eggs get wrapped in bubble wrap, a small box filled with peanuts and eggs set pointy end down cushioned by the peanuts. Then that box is closed and placed in a larger box filled with peanuts for packing. Sometimes if we have them we use the air filled pillows or shredded paper, but always the two box method. Placing in egg cartons can have the eggs knocking into each other and cracking or completely breaking. Not enough padding will allow eggs to shake and move too much during shipping. This can lead to detached, or completely blown out air cells.

The farther the eggs travel can also effect them. The time of the week, and weather delays too.

Nice of the seller to replace them for you.

6. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I wrap each egg in a good layer of bubble wrap and then place them in a 12x12x8 Priority box with pecking peanuts. I don't ship duck eggs but most people have had good luck with their hatches from my eggs.

Nate

7. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I wrap mine very cheesy :lol: but it seems to work!

I wrap each egg in a napkin, place it in the carton, space the eggs with more napkins, and then close, and tape the lide to the carton tightly with duct tape.

Then surrond all sides with news paper. I sent 10 khaki cross eggs to a friend in ID, and all but 1 formed, and 8 hatched. I like sending eggs this way!

I recevied 7 khaki campbell eggs from ebay, and 1 was cracked, 1 was rotten :)ep) and all the rest were completly scrambled! The seller did not want to talk to me, didnt even say sorry about the eggs getting scrambled! She didnt even protect the eggs, just threw them in the carton, and put them in the box with very little news paper. Also! 2 of the eggs were store bought chicken eggs! :barnie :mad: ( :lau)

8. OkChickens

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Wow! Did you report them to Ebay? They can suspend their account for doing stuff like that.

Nate

9. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Buying hatching eggs is a risk, the PO can scramble and blow out air cells. You don't report eBay sellers for bad eggs, unless they toss loose eggs in a box and send it off. If packed then they full filled their end to "protect" the eggs. Now they should get a poor review so other buyers can beware.

10. OkChickens

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Thats what I said. I would let ebay know about and leave feedback telling this.

Nate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by