Sour Crop? Please help Wing Gretzky!

TheStanleyCoop

In the Brooder
May 22, 2020
My R.I.R hen, Wing Gretzky, is not feeling well! She has been lethargic, won't peck at anything, stopped eating, just not her usual spunky self. She has been like this for about 4 days now, I separated her from the flock 2 days ago. She is in my dog kennel chicken hospital in the house. She had just started laying like maybe a week ago so at first I thought maybe she was egg bound but I can't feel anything, I gave her a tums, a bit of yogurt and a warm soak for 45 min and she passed some clear/white runny poo, no strange smells.... so then i moved to her crop. It feels like an almost empty bean bag with just a teaspoon of what feels like seeds??? It didn't feel hard or full and only feels like a waterballon after she has drank water. I gave it a gentle massage and she pooped again this one was way more stinky but didn't smell strange it was a very dark brown/black colour. She is not coughing or sneezing, no discharge from eyes or nose. She is loosing her balance as well now. I just don't know whats wrong...
Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
winger.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for a super informative post! Itll be really helpful when someone knowledgeable arrives. Could you attach pictures of her and any poop?

Back
Top Bottom