Sour Crop Problem.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickennl0ver, Mar 9, 2016.

1. chickennl0ver

chickennl0ver Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2016
    okay so our chicken has sour crop and she got it by eating hay, and a lot of it. It's been a week since we started treating her for it because we didn't know what it was before. Today when we were emptying her out a giant chunk of hay.started coming out. It wasn't coming out so i had to pull it out. I really big chunk of hay came out and now her crop is completely empty but she is making gurgling sounds and occasionally crowing very loud. it's like there is some hay in her throat or lungs or something. Please help she is very weak I don't know how to approach this. [​IMG] I will try to insert a picture of the hay that came out of her.
    [​IMG]

2. chickennl0ver

Mar 1, 2016
    the hay is like 8 inches long and that is pretty much what was in her crop.

3. shober

shober Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Have you checked the learning center here? I'd try to give her some yogurt, then maybe some scrambled egg. Perhaps just the removal of that load could have exhausted her!! Looks so gross! Lol. :barnie

4. chickennl0ver

Mar 1, 2016
    okay, its just i really love my chickens so maybe I'm over reacting but i'll see if she gets better.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by