Sour crop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dkissler, Oct 22, 2015.

1. dkissler

dkissler Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    One of my chickens has sour crop and I have read an article about using Monistat to help clear this issue. I just wanted to double check that I would feed my chicken a suppository to my chicken? Can anyone verify this or recommend another remedy for sour crop?

2. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hi and :welcome

This isn't the best place to post this, there are other threads that you can post this and get a lot of help, for example "chicken injures sickness and diseases". I hope this helps. :)

CherriesBrood~

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I don't know the answer to that either but, I think their may be a pill form. Please put SOUR CROP in the search box - it will pop up with info.

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

@TwoCrows has written a detailed article about impacted, slow and sour crops and how to treat them. Her article is in the Learning Center:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

If your girl has sour crop, she recommends Gyne-Lotrimin (not Monistat) and using a syringe without a needle to give 1cc 3 times a day to your bird orally. Read her article, be sure your girl has sour crop first and if you have questions about the treatment, either PM her or go to the emergency forum. It really is an excellent article, very clear and easy to understand.

Good luck!

7. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by