Sour crop?

Herittavityuk

Chirping
Aug 17, 2018
In the past few days I have been noticing every time I pick my hen up, her crop seemed very full. Yesterday she was on my deck when she threw up some mucus like liquid which smelled pretty funky, and knowing that birds just don’t throw up I did some research. It led me to believe she had sour crop, so I massaged her crop. A bit and removed her food and water overnight to see if her crop would empty, and it did. Does this mean she didn’t have anything to begin with? Does it mean it’s clear? I’m not sure whether to let it be and give her food yet...

When mine experienced "sour crop" she was vomiting water; so I massaged her crop a couple times during the day (I locked her in the coop away from the others) and gave her grit, granite and chick grit, I also added oyster shell but no more food for the day. I filled her water twice, added ice - cuz it was HOT in there.... Next day she joined the others, in a couple days she was more active and never really needed more than that. Mine were 17 weeks old. Hope this helps!

When mine experienced "sour crop" she was vomiting water; so I massaged her crop a couple times during the day (I locked her in the coop away from the others) and gave her grit, granite and chick grit, I also added oyster shell but no more food for the day. I filled her water twice, added ice - cuz it was HOT in there.... Next day she joined the others, in a couple days she was more active and never really needed more than that. Mine were 17 weeks old. Hope this helps!
Thanks this helps a lot! I was worried I was doing the wrong thing by just giving her grit and water with probiotics but no food. I also did massage her crop a few times today. Hopefully everything is cleared up by tomorrow:) thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom