1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sour Crop?!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kaycejones, Mar 10, 2015.

1. kaycejones

kaycejones New Egg

Mar 6, 2015
    My older lady has a Sour Crop. Very smelly, soft and sloshy. Tipped her to examine her vent and smelly water came pouring out. I'm afraid of aspiration pneumonia and she's very lethargic. I have a call to an Exotics vet that I know (I'm in Vet Tech school now, nearly done) and am awaiting her call or email. I have separated dear Lady Betty and she's been quietly hanging out with me on the couch and in her kennel. I'm taking her to class with me in hopes one of the doctors or tech can help me out. I have removed food and water and have read a lot of different options and I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions? I also looked on here but am having a hard time weeding out newer responses. Not sure if all of the information is up to date.

2. kaycejones

kaycejones New Egg

Mar 6, 2015
    No need to reply. She died last night.

3. laceykins

laceykins Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2014
    Centennial, CO
    Sorry to hear :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by