Source for automatic pop door opener?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by absinor, Aug 28, 2008.

1. absinor

absinor Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Anyone in the States know where to get these? I saw an online store in the UK but would like to find one closer to home.

Thanks!

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
  3. absinor

absinor Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Ouch!!! I guess we're not going to splurge for that either!!

That's too bad. Looks like such a great thing:(

Thanks for the link!!!

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    you could tie a string to the door leading into your bedroom window over to your bedside.

5. Momo

Momo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Nelson BC
    LOL - I know a woman who did that with her horse barn! In the morning she would open her bedroom window and pull on a rope that opened the stall doors to the paddocks, then pull another rope that opened trap doors above the mangers where she had placed the horses' morning hay the night before. Then she would go back to bed for awhile.

6. The Dude

The Dude Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2008
    MO
    You might want to check out Chickaminium.com

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  7. sovia

sovia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Black Hills of SD
    We bought ours at Foy's, too. It was a big expense, but it has simplified things greatly for when we are out of town. Now, we only have to have someone come by once a day to do the chicken chores instead of twice a day to open and close the pophole. I guess considering that we recycled just about everything else in our coop, it wasn't too hard for us to justify the price. My only complaint, which I have seen echoed on this forum, is that I think it opens too early and closes too late.

8. VaM715

VaM715 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Fincastle, VA
    Foy's now offers a timer to eleminate that problem. You can pick the open and close times.
    I love mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by