Source of chicken feed in Columbus Ohio?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by StevieColumbusOH, May 4, 2011.

1. StevieColumbusOH

StevieColumbusOH New Egg

May 4, 2011
    If I happened to be raising chickens in my backyard in downtown Columbus Ohio, where would be the closest store to buy chicken feed? [​IMG]
    There is a TSC in Galloway. Anything closer?

2. wenlo

wenlo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
  3. DawnCols

DawnCols Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    There are two TSC stores in the Columbus area;
    5525 W BROAD ST COLUMBUS OH 43228
    (614) 878-7170

12985 STONECREEK DR PICKERINGTON OH 43147
    (614) 501-7044

I'm also a fan of Champion Feed in Delaware.

Also, an employee at Pet People on N. High St. told me a couple weeks ago that she thinks they might be able to get in chicken feed on request. (She asked me what kind--I said "Purina" and without skipping a beat she asked "Layena or Flock Raiser?")
    I suspect there might be enough interested customers to make it worth their while.

Good luck!

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  4. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I'm guess I'm spoiled in Delaware, get mine from Champion Feed on Rt.36/37 east of town, about 10 minutes from home--they have a decent selection of Purina feed, DE, B.O.S.S., and other chickeny stuff...plus it's "Chick Days" so more temptation if you have the time for a trip to the country...but with today's fuel prices maybe you are better off seeing if the folks at Pet People that DawnCols mentioned could special order...or Petsmart,etc? There's also a TSC just north of Delaware....Good luck!

5. Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    I live in Marion and have 3 TSC fairly close, Delaware, Marion and Marysville. I travel to each of these areas once a week) I was hoping to find a feed mill near Marion. I have heard that they normally have better pricing. Any one know of one close to Marion?

6. kim3462

kim3462 New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does anyone know of a elevator or feed store that has their own poultry feed mix near Columbus, OH? I am not looking for pellets or crumbles but a farmer mix. thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by