Source of chicken feed in Columbus Ohio?

StevieColumbusOH

Hatching
8 Years
May 4, 2011
If I happened to be raising chickens in my backyard in downtown Columbus Ohio, where would be the closest store to buy chicken feed?
smile.png

There is a TSC in Galloway. Anything closer?

There are two TSC stores in the Columbus area;
5525 W BROAD ST COLUMBUS OH 43228
(614) 878-7170

12985 STONECREEK DR PICKERINGTON OH 43147
(614) 501-7044

I'm also a fan of Champion Feed in Delaware.

Also, an employee at Pet People on N. High St. told me a couple weeks ago that she thinks they might be able to get in chicken feed on request. (She asked me what kind--I said "Purina" and without skipping a beat she asked "Layena or Flock Raiser?")
I suspect there might be enough interested customers to make it worth their while.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm guess I'm spoiled in Delaware, get mine from Champion Feed on Rt.36/37 east of town, about 10 minutes from home--they have a decent selection of Purina feed, DE, B.O.S.S., and other chickeny stuff...plus it's "Chick Days" so more temptation if you have the time for a trip to the country...but with today's fuel prices maybe you are better off seeing if the folks at Pet People that DawnCols mentioned could special order...or Petsmart,etc? There's also a TSC just north of Delaware....Good luck!

I live in Marion and have 3 TSC fairly close, Delaware, Marion and Marysville. I travel to each of these areas once a week) I was hoping to find a feed mill near Marion. I have heard that they normally have better pricing. Any one know of one close to Marion?

Does anyone know of a elevator or feed store that has their own poultry feed mix near Columbus, OH? I am not looking for pellets or crumbles but a farmer mix. thanks

If I happened to be raising chickens in my backyard in downtown Columbus Ohio, where would be the closest store to buy chicken feed?
smile.png

There is a TSC in Galloway. Anything closer?

In Clintonville 43214 on N High Street, there is City Folks Farm Shop. They have standard crumble, pellets, starter/grower, & a lovely whole grain option. There is standard, non-gmo, organic, high omega, & the whole grain.

Does anyone know of a elevator or feed store that has their own poultry feed mix near Columbus, OH? I am not looking for pellets or crumbles but a farmer mix. thanks
Many feed stores and grain elevators have gotten out of the business of making feed. They can't sell enough to keep their ingredients, especially the supplements from reaching their expiration date. At least that's true of those that care about the quality of their products.
You can google your zip code, hit the nearby button and search for grain or feed stores.
I might add that a grain elevator doesn't likely have the means to assay their finished product and are just guessing it has the vitamins, minerals, fats, amino acids and fiber in the correct ratios for what you're feeding.

Many people have been happy with their local grainery's feed, but I didn't have good experiences with the things I tried, years ago. Now I stick to Flock Raiser, always fresh at the feed store.
One of the problems was that they made mash, not having the machinery to make pellets or crumbles. There was even more waste with the mash!
Cheaper isn't always better...
Mary

Back
Top Bottom