1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sources for Muscovy ducklings ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jqs birds, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jqs birds

jqs birds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Western Colorado
    I would like to get some Muscovy ducklings but I don't want just plain white ones. Is there a good source for colored Muscovies?
    Hatching eggs are an option but shipped aggs are such a gamble.[​IMG]

2. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Try Country Hatchery in OK
    Here is the link...
    http://www.countryhatchery.net/ducks.html

We have his White ones because that is the color my FIL wanted. I sure would love some of his other colors. He is super nice to work with.

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    isn't country hatchery closed?

4. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Got a catalog last year saying he had decided to stay in business. I didn't order from him this past year so I probably won't get a catalog.

5. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Oh good!! I was wanting to order from him! Thanks for the update!

6. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

7. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    What color(s) were you wanting? I have some young chocolate & black birds now, they're late fall hatch and are going through their 12/14 week molt. I was going to sell them just before Christmas but decided to wait until after the beginning of the year so I didn't have to deal with the Christmas rush and now I'm going to wait until they're done molting. They wouldn't likely lay too terribly early in the spring since they're late hatch birds but I bet they would be able to set at least one clutch this spring/summer for you. I will probably also have ducklings in late May / early June. I live in SW KS so not sure how far west you are into Colorado. We're east of Pueblo/Lamar/etc. on 50. Shipping availability would depend on the weather. Meeting is always an option if I happen to be going that way for some reason. If you're wanting another color/variety, we can probably find someone who has what you're wanting!

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I will probably have ducklings in a few months. I have 5 different colors + 1 white hen. (Black, Blue, Silver, Chocolate, Blue-Fawn)

I don't mind shipping as long as you buy at least 10, I would be too worried about them if i sent less than that.

Most of my colored birds have a good amount of white on them except for the Chocolates & Blue-Fawns.

Just PM me if you want anymore info.

9. jqs birds

jqs birds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Western Colorado
    Thanks for the links. I'm mostly interested in black and white pied maybe some silvers or lavanders, I have seen some nice chocolates too. So I'm not to picky.
    MDC keep me in mind when you get some ducklings. I'm sure shipping adults would be expensive. I live in Western Colorado about 3.5 hours west of Denver.

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:Don't tell me this, Bleenie!!!! [​IMG] LOL

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by