Sources For Quail Egg Cartons?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Does anybody know where I can find some quail egg cartons that are good for shipping at a reasonable price? I already have some paper ones that I bought off ebay, but I am shipping one of the last two tomorrow. So now I need more at a good price so I won't have to charge more for shipping. Thanks:D

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Ggqmfq.com has the plastic ones i use, I just have to pad them a little bit and secure with a rubber band, so they dont jostle during shipment, and to close them, as they have no snapping latch. There are trifold egg cartons on eggcartons.com, which would be more secure, but are a whole lot more expensive than the others.

3. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Do you think the paper ones would be softer for shipping? I have some huge eggs that are hard to get in the paper cartons so do you think they will fit in the plastic?

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:I guess I wouldn't know, as I've never used the paper kind. However, I always stuff a sheet of tissue in the carton to hold them in place. The big ones it would hold securely, the small ones with the paper it would hold securely. The good thing about plastic is it stretches, so you will be able to fit the big ones in.

5. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    robo, your inbox is full!! [​IMG]

6. DPC poultry

DPC poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt. washington Ky
    flemmings outdoors you can get 100 egg cartons for 15 bucks!

7. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Oh, your order will ship tomorrow. Fifteen bucks is a good price I might buy there.

8. DPC poultry

DPC poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt. washington Ky
    thanks! I cant wait to put em in the bator. ya I thought that was a pretty good deal too

9. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I made some for Christmas and got a double yolker. I sorted through a lot of them and I think there are no doubles. I', gonna send you 30 incase some break. How many broke last time?

10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:NO THEY WILL NOT FIT IN PLASTIC IF LARGE. UNFORTUNATELY THE LARGE ONES REALLY NEED THE CHUKAR FLATS... BUT THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE AND I CANT FIND A REASONABLE DEAL ON THEM ANYWHERE. I USE THE PAPER FLATS AS THEY SEEM TO DO A WAY BETTER JOB THAN THE PLASTIC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by