Sources For Renting Traps?

calista

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
What's been your experience with successfully RENTING those Havaheart-style traps for raccoons, as opposed to buying your own? So far, we've been advised that the following are sources for trap rentals and we are currently trying each of them:

1. Local Animal Control for your city or county
2. Local pounds
3. Local trappers
4. Feed stores

Thanks!

Your local animal control/pound should provide them for free. Mine delivered it to my front porch with instructions and advice to call as soon as I had trapped. I was trapping feral cats and not raccoons though! They did come pick them up within 30 minutes of my call. Not sure how they handle wild animals ('coons or possums).

Tractor Supply sells a trap pretty inexpensively, as would most "feed" type store. A 32" x 10" x 12" trap runs $50.00 - but then you have to "dispose" of whatever you trap. Relocating is illegal.

Not sure about local trappers, but where I live there are postings on Craigslist for wild animal "removal". I can only guess you let them hunt/trap on your property and they take care of all the nasty business associated with it.

Good luck!
wink.png

Western Feed near me rents them for $3.00 per day for the largest or sell it for $89.00. I rented it and hubby sent me back to buy it. He was so right to buy it.

Thanks for the tips! I wanted to add that a friend in another state says her county Extension Service also provides traps for rent.

Back
Top Bottom