Sourland! The last broody is out! Cute chick pictures!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mississippifarmboy, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Well, I finally broke up all the cochin bantams, wasn't bad... I only had 7 out of 7 broody at once. [​IMG] The two Orloffs I got to quit sitting and start laying again... [​IMG] The Partridge Cochins I got off thier broody kick..

And this morning the little bantam hen. my last hold out, hatched out 6 out of 7 eggs she had lain in the floor of the coop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So pretty please? No more broody dance for MFB??

Anyone want some worthless lil chickens? [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Awwwwwwww...... Oh Sour? Can ya hear me over there in Europe? MFB needs some more broodies, for the turken eggs.......

3. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Ranchhand..... Shut yore mouth! [​IMG]

I would like a FEW eggs to eat this year ya know... [​IMG]

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    If you are being serious about the chickens I would take them but only if you could ship.

5. mississippifarmboy

Quote:I am seriously going to get rid of them because they are my son's and he has others that need that coop.

But I don't ship. Sorry Matthew [​IMG]

6. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:I am seriously going to get rid of them because they are my son's and he has others that need that coop.

But I don't ship. Sorry Matthew [​IMG]

Its okay.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:With his GPS the way it is. I'm worried about european birds in general.

Imp- All of them. [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Umm, was this a hint that more broody help is needed, MFB? [​IMG] sing a lil song [​IMG] do a lil dance [​IMG] walla [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't mess with the Euro Broody Magician. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:With his GPS the way it is. I'm worried about european birds in general.

Imp- All of them. [​IMG]

Everywhere we went, the broody fever struck. We even saw a pair of doves making a nest inside a street lamp (glass was partially broken.) Wonder what happened when the lights came on that night? [​IMG]

10. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Okay, I'm new at this and still waiting on my chicks. Just wondering what happens to the shell after the broody hatches the eggs? Do you remove it or do they eat the shell? I wouldn't want to promote cannibalism.

I ordered all females of different breeds (yeah, like THAT's a guarantee!) except for 4 Silkies in a straight run (actually hoping I will get a Silkie Roo in the batch.) I'm considering hatching in the future.

The chicks are so precious! Congratulations!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by