Sourland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jun 26, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've got a silkie, Jethro, that has been mysteriously disappearing for a few hours every day, only to *poof* mysteriously re-appear.

You put silkie and disappeared together and what do you get?

Silkie+disappeared = SOURLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that dang broody GPS off of me!! [​IMG]

I am too old and it's too hot for me to go poking around in briar encrusted, snake infested underbrush looking for hidden nests. I almost busted her the other day when I caught her coming out of the brush, singing the egg song, but I can't find the nest.

Knock it off! Don't make me cross the mason-dixon line to catch you young man! I won't be happy when I get there. [​IMG]

2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Wait, Sourland is near the Line?!?!

No wonder I have two broodies after all my hatching is done for the year!!!!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yep, he got me one more time, too. One broody bantam Cochin, she is not breaking easily and I really don't want to cage her in this heat!

I am not responsible for a roodoo voodoo hoodoo. [​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
  5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all! Wonder can they make tiny little ones for silkies? I'm picturing Jethro dragging one of those things around on her leg, like a ball and chain. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by