1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

South Central Kentucky Thread!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Red Barn Farms, May 2, 2012.

1. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Maybe I've overlooked it elsewhere but I thought I would just start a thread for people in south central Kentucky. I for one would like to see sources for information, buying, selling, trading, etc....for counties in Kentucky around Hardin, Grayson, Hart, Edmonson, Barren, Warren, etc. So anyone know of hatcheries, poultry clubs, etc in these locations?

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Not much going on in So Central KY, I guess.
    [​IMG]

3. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hi AlienChick! [​IMG] Hum, I don't guess so. [​IMG]

4. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    I live in the middle of nowhere, so most of the chickens or eggs I sell are online.
    I sell bantam breeds and there are not too many folks around here that want the little ones.
    And folks around here don't care about "show quality."
    So, RedBarn, what kind of chickens do you raise??

5. RMBGKY

RMBGKY Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
  6. Peaceful Nest

Peaceful Nest Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    Owensboro, Ky.
    I like the idea of a thread for chicken enthusiasts closer to my flock in Owensboro. I have a mixed flock of ameraucanas and welsummers, one golden comet, and a speckled sussex that I raised from a chick. I'm thinking about adding one or two rare breeds and focusing on those, but I haven't yet made up my mind. I also want to start raising turkeys. In other words, I've caught the chicken bug!

1 person likes this.
  7. Nolan

Nolan New Egg

Feb 7, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    Red Barn Farms - I'm also in Owensboro! I'm assuming you're probably outside of city limits - or we can pretend ;)

I'm just curious if any effort has been made to change the ordinance banning city chickens in Owensboro? I'm completely new to this and had the wild idea of keeping a couple chickens in our little backyard, only to discover that it's a no-no :/

1 person likes this.
  8. Nolan

Nolan New Egg

Feb 7, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    Red Barn Farms - I'm also in Owensboro! I'm assuming you're probably outside of city limits - or we can pretend ;)

I'm just curious if any effort has been made to change the ordinance banning city chickens in Owensboro? I'm completely new to this and had the wild idea of keeping a couple chickens in our little backyard, only to discover that it's a no-no :/

9. akky

akky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2013
    Frankfort, KY
  10. RiverRoadFarms

RiverRoadFarms Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2012
    Williamsburg, KY
    Live in Whitley County...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by