South Dakota help ... a huge amount of my spring chicks have become Roos....

Dadsteacup

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 10, 2013
South Dakota
I have 12 ( or more) Roosters, they are sweet and they are all a mix of leghorn barred rock ... Rode Island reds and possibly other ... who knows what ... they are large and absolutely beautiful but they are beating my poor hens up too much ... and i am a complete novice/wimp at the whole ( OMG I CAN"T KILL THEM >>> THEY ALL HAVE NAMES) names are... sir charles antonio gandalf midas winchester Domino rupert jean claude mr cogburn stryder yoda obi wan ..... sigh .... i can't eat them and i want them to be dispatched humanely and used like God intended .. i just can't do it... anyone want these beautiful boys?

thanks for anyone who can help....
barnie.gif

I have 12 ( or more) Roosters, they are sweet and they are all a mix of leghorn barred rock ... Rode Island reds and possibly other ... who knows what ... they are large and absolutely beautiful but they are beating my poor hens up too much ... and i am a complete novice/wimp at the whole ( OMG I CAN"T KILL THEM >>> THEY ALL HAVE NAMES) names are... sir charles antonio gandalf midas winchester Domino rupert jean claude mr cogburn stryder yoda obi wan ..... sigh .... i can't eat them and i want them to be dispatched humanely and used like God intended .. i just can't do it... anyone want these beautiful boys?

thanks for anyone who can help....
barnie.gif
your best bet, (if you still have them)

is to post on your local Craigs List.

Other options, is ask around.

I do butcher my own birds, but I sometimes get overwhelmed with the number of roosters that need to be processed, and I know who I can ask if they might like a few.

Sometimes I sell them for $5 each, sometimes I give them away for free.

Do you know anyone who likes to go squirrel hunting? those types will usually be happy to take some roosters.

Back
Top Bottom