South Florida - Lonely Rooster Looking to Meet Silkie hen!

Donza

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
SW Ranches FL (SE FL)
I have a very lonely & depressed white Silkie (pet) rooster who has lost his hen. Does anyone have a single lady Silkie who wants to relocate to a nice little farm in SW Ranches South Florida. I will be happy to pay for her and pick her up. I could easily pick her up most anywhere in South Florida. I also travel to Ocala and Sarasota so could pick her up in those areas.

An older lady or a non-setter/non-layer would be just fine. I don't care about getting eggs just want a wife for Fluffy. Any other breed of hen will get stolen by the other rooster (his ungrateful son) so I need to find a Silkie hen and noone in the area seems to have any extras.

:~D

Last edited:
D

I happen to have a year old Bearded white silkie I would sell you, but I am in Nebraska and would have to ship her which would cost a bit over $40 with box.

she is out of my show line of birds and is a very good looking gal, but she has a 6th toe on one foot so I am looking to send her to a home as a pet. This would work out great!

[email protected]

Oh thank you but that is soooo far to ship her and I would think it would be terrrifying for her to go thru that. It is so hot in Florida that it really isn't safe to ship live animals here most of the time anyway.

They ship bunches of live chicks - only in the spring and because they are just hatched and can go without food and water for a day or so but apparently don't care if all of them don't make it. I am looking to find someone in the state that I can drive to and pick up.

Hope you find someone nearer home for your girl she sounds lovely.

Hey Donza Welcome to the forum I'm an ex Ft lauderdale resident too. We used to live in Davie Have you tired Craigs list. Im in North Florida now but don't have any silkies. i have seen them on craigs list in Tampa and Ocala check it out. Hope you find one. Micki

Hi Micki
Actually I hadn't thought of Craig's List! Brilliant!!

I'm in SW Ranches which is just west of Davie. But I do visit Ocala and Sarasota so if I can't find a hen nearby I am very willing to travel to pick one up - I just don't want to subject one to the stress of shipping.

She can be older or a non-layer/non-setter or not show quality - she just has to be a Silkie or his 2 half-Silkie sons will steal her. I have found that Silkies seem to be very partial to other Silkies - much more so than other breeds. Has anyone noticed this too?

Hi Donza,
welcome-byc.gif
I am in SW FL. I am going to the PO today to pick up my silkie eggs, hope to have silkies in a month or so. I also recommend craigs list, there are lots of chicken people around here

Back
Top Bottom