1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

South Ga Swap Meet MAY 14TH

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by sutillman, Apr 6, 2011.

1. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Just trying to see if anyone would be interested in doing this. I have lots of space, even a large barn in case of rain. We never have anything in this area, everything is always in Florida. I live in Moultrie, Ga. For folks that have done this, how much trouble is this to put together, and what kind of advice do you have? Also is it safe to have something like this at your home with your coops right there for everyone to see. Have recently had a show quality pair of silkies stolen and that would be my main concern. Let me hear some ideas and let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I would be there! The ones in Fl are a bit of a drive for me too.
    sharon

3. ally.alli.ally

ally.alli.ally Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    I could be there [​IMG] Sounds fun! I also know a friend on here that may/could come as well! [​IMG]

Sorry for your silkie loss. [​IMG] I currently have three and they are the best ever! I can't believe they were stolen from Moultrie!

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I would be interested Sue Just let us know when

5. signaturefarm

signaturefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Pelham, Georgia
    Sounds Fun!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. coperidge

coperidge New Egg

Sep 20, 2009
    If I could schedule it I would be interested. It is 2 hours from me but I have some friends in GA that I need to visit too. I could make this a double treat. Thelma

[​IMG]

7. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Ok, trying to work out details. Anyone have any advice on food and such?

8. Sugar Sand Farm

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Sue Some people ask for pot luck and others ask a local 4-H to come and cook hotdogs etc as a fund raiser. That seems to be the best method here in Florida but either way is fine with me just let us know what you decide.

9. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I would be interested as well. I'm in Ochlocknee. Most of my chickens are chicks though, most are 3 weeks old. Do they have to be purebreed? I have some of both.

10. Sugar Sand Farm

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    In this case the term "WHATEVER" actually applies. You bring whatever you have and hope someone else is willing to buy or trade it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by