South Pacific Tsunami

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WIfarmerboy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. WIfarmerboy

WIfarmerboy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2009
    West Central WI
    Did anyone else hear about this? I just saw this this morning. My prayers are with everyone and their families that were affected in American Samoa and the south pacific. [​IMG]

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    there has been a couple in the last week [​IMG] My thoughts and prayers go to those around the world affected by this.

3. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I heard about it yesterday.

We were put on a Tsunami watch.

Since you can see the ocean from where I live.. Its about a 10-15 minute walk from my house.

But they only expected it to be 1-2 feet higher than normal tide here. It was supposed to arrive about 9:30pm. It wouldnt do much here, but if it was high tide already it might have gotten to a few places it shouldnt have. But most likely not.

The most warning they gave is they didnt want any one on the beach just in case. So the slightly bigger wave wouldnt get them. And to make sure that no boats were out fishing..

I sure hope that island is ok. Cant remember the name of it off the top of my head. I hear they got it pretty bad..

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

From the pics I saw it was pretty bad. The islands in that part of the world were formed by volcanoes and the center is rocky and steep so most of the people live close to the ocean and not far above sea level. There are very beautiful islands!

Steve in NC

5. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Just awful! I was at work when it happened so I could not get updates until I was home. At least the people over there competing in the latest Survivor game were ok along with all the crew members too.

WIfarmerboy, come hang out in the cheeseheads thread with the rest of the wisconsinites........

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I was reading in my Sunday School Lesson that there were "days of sorrow" before the great flood. Almost sounds like it here, although its not suppose to be water again is it.

7. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Fortunately, my mother in law is here in NJ (unfortunately it's for breast cancer treatment), rather than at home.

She lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa. They're on higher ground, so there was no tsunami damage, and her husband and family there are okay.

Many villages were completely wiped out, though.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Have been watching this on the news......... I pray that many will be rescued safely... it is a terrible disaster............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by