South Texas Classic- La Grange

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blackred, Jan 16, 2011.

1. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    The South Texas Classic in La Grange Texas is March 3rd 2012 at the Fayette County Fair Grounds
    The Judges will be Steve Jones. I suspect the entry deadline will be about February 23th.

You can contact : Danny Hughes, P.O. Box 251, Garwood, TX 77442
    Phone: 979-758-3471

This is a spring show so it will be smaller than the fall/winter shows. But it is still a great show. There could be a sell area but it is up to those who have birds to sell and a permit from the TAHC.
    By this time of the year ( March) most people will have sold all their birds and the breeding pens will have been put together. Another reason that there are less birds in the show.

I know that they will have a raffle and a feed( last year it was Chicken Spaghetti).

Bob Choate

I have edited this post with this years info- 2/18/2012

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. fowlrus

fowlrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    [​IMG]
    I had a great time last year, Danny is supper nice and helpful. Hope this time I get to meet all of you and pin a BYC name to the face. [​IMG]
    I think I saw some sells going on last year in front of the show barn, not sure if it's puppie or birds???

I would like to bring some birds to show and sell, we will have some young (days - months old) will be just right for someone to start to raise them, by mid summer, birds will yeild some eggs or ready for breeding. I'm not much of buying chicks in end summer/fall time frame, never understood the logic behind that, most breed takes 6-8 month to mutual, here comes winter, day light gets shorter, and most of birds wouldn't lay till next spring (few breed will give you couple of teasers), what's the fun in that.
    If we allow to sell, maybe we could list what we have/or what we like to have down here, folks can see what their lists/dream sheets are, that could make the show more fun.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Just remember to sell off premise you have to have the permit from the TAHC. The cheapest one is $35

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  4. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    Quote:Blackred
    Were do i get one, or should I say who do i contact

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009

I got mine from Dan when he came out and did my testing for my NPIP certification.
    I got it for exhibition/sale purposes.

6. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    thanks ,I never though to ask him

7. fowlrus

fowlrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    TAHC area 5 (where we are) is 800 658-6570, or contact Steaven Luna 800 550 8242 ext 789.
    If you have under 100 birds is $25, they test birds too so I think is worth it. We sell/ship live birds, it's important for us to have that.

8. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas

I got mine from Dan when he came out and did my testing for my NPIP certification.

Dan works for the TDVM and does the P/T testing, which you do have to have to sell or show birds but the permit from the TAHC permit is seperate from what Dan does.

The TAHC permit is only for selling birds off your property. They use to do a sampling of birds for AI but have stopped since the grant money ran out.

Bob

9. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    Wow here aleady, seems like the last la grange show was yesterday. Time flew , will definatly be there ! [​IMG]

Dont think there will be a sale area, its a small show. maybe if its pre arranged between buyer and seller.

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I got mine from Dan when he came out and did my testing for my NPIP certification.

Dan works for the TDVM and does the P/T testing, which you do have to have to sell or show birds but the permit from the TAHC permit is seperate from what Dan does.

The TAHC permit is only for selling birds off your property. They use to do a sampling of birds for AI but have stopped since the grant money ran out.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.
    I should have read the fine print better. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by