South Texas - WTB Guineas ... perferably keets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kelebek, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    I had four guinea keets and LOVED them. Unfortunately, my fault, I forgot to lock them up one night and lost them. I am so sad. I had 2 standard dark colored ones and 2 lavender. They were great - but hadn't learned to fly - so they would follow the goats into a 3 sided fenced area and couldn't get out - and I believe they were calling to get back to their flock (goats) and something heard them (hubby saw an owl next morning) and picked them off :-( i am so sad because they were great and one of the lavenders would come sit on my lap at night with me on the swing - and my goats tick issue was going down!

I know it sounds odd - but my goats are show goats - and the ticks were getting their ears BAD!!!

I really need to get another handful of them for the goat pen - color is not an issue - just as long as they are younger to teach them where they are to be ;-)

Thank you in advance.

(I have an incubator - but it is a cheap stryofoam one and I used 1 time and did not have good results :-( )

Please post all ads in the appropriate area of the Buy Sell Trade forum. Thanks.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by