1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

South Western Vermont wondering what sex 4 month olds are?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by cherinswin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. cherinswin

cherinswin Just Hatched

Aug 17, 2016
    South West Vermont
    Hi all,
    Im new to this site and wanted to say greetings from Castleton VT! I have a small flock that I enjoy on my small property with neighbors that are pretty tolerant [​IMG]. I am new to raising chickens going on my 2nd year with my birds. I find them enjoyable to watch and they give me eggs! Cant beat that. I have 9 birds with 2 roosters and 4 female layers and 3 baby's that I don't know if they are male or female. 2 of them are 4 months old and the youngest is one month. Right now I believe the older ones are male?!?
    I believe the baby is male too! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at this good mommy [​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Hi! I'm only about ten minutes from you :) You should join the Vermont thread, it's linked in my signature.

The two birds in the top picture are cockerels. The little white one is likely a cockerel too with that comb development at one month.

3. cherinswin

cherinswin Just Hatched

Aug 17, 2016
    South West Vermont
    Thanks Pyxis! Thats the word on the web[​IMG]. I guess thats part of the gamble of hatching. Im still new to this site and I was wondering how i join the VT thread?

4. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by