Southeast AL Marans?

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by ALChickGal, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ALChickGal

ALChickGal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2013
    Hi!
    I'm in Southeast Alabama (Dothan area) and am interested in finding some Copper Marans--- preferably blue and preferably pullets. However, may consider other options. I appreciate any info!
    Blessings!

2. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Hi there! Here's a link to chicks in Ozark on craigslist http://dothan.craigslist.org/grd/4343992168.html

There's also a lady in Dothan that sells marans every spring. I haven't seen hers listed on craigslist so far this year, but if she has any this year, then she'll probably list them there.

Hope this helps you! :)

3. ALChickGal

Sep 19, 2013
    Hi! Thank you for the info!! I am going to check this out. I did, however, buy some Blue Ameraucana, Blue Copper Maran, and Black Copper Maran chicks from a delightful couple in Bonifay, Florida. I am hoping that of the 12 at least half will be pullets. They are really beautiful chicks. They had several interesting varieties of chickens and other poultry.

If anyone has any early sexing methods for Maran chicks, I sure would be interested in knowing about them. I built them a separate pen. When they are a couple of months old, I plan to let them forage with my existing flock and gradually work them in together. Does that sound right? This is my first addition to my first flock, so I appreciate any input.

I am so thankful for this site and the help that everyone has provided. I do hope that I can return the favor to otheres in the future. Bless you!

4. campheadgirl

campheadgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2014
    northwest Florida
    I live in northwest Florida and know there is a man in Bonifay who raises copper marans. I do not know how to get in touch with him. If you have contact info I would love to get in touch with him. You can email me at campheadgirl at yahoo dot com.

5. ALChickGal

Sep 19, 2013
    I will look up his contact info and email it to you tomorrow. :) Blessings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by