Southeast Arkansas & I'd like to buy Bantam hens.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChicotSherry, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    I would like to purchase Bantams locally but will pay for shipping as well. I look forward to replies. TIA!!!

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Where are you located in SE Ark? I'm in Monticello and I have some young banties I might part with.

3. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm in Dermott. I have a Roo and 7 hens, one of the hens is young and might be a roo. Are your Bantams small?? I prefer small, but I'm not that picky. And, how many hens do you have??? Thanks, I appreciate your reply!!!!

4. juliechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    They are around 2 1/2 months old, all feathered out. I have a pair of Gold Neck D'uccles, a pair of Partridge Cochins and 3 little Blue Cochin roosters. They are tame, but not lap chickens. In other words, they will eat out of your hand, but they don't want to be picked up very much.

5. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    I am VERY interested in all of the hens and any other hens you might be able to locate. I'm not familiar with the ones you have so I'll look them up, or do you have photos?? Where do you live in Monticello?

6. juliechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    By the way, you actually posted this in the wrong section. [​IMG] If you'll post under chickens for sale, you should get more replies.

7. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    I had no idea there was a 'chickens for sale', new to this forum, thanks ever so much!!!!!!!!!

8. juliechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I don't have any new photos of them right now. I really need to rehome the roosters and hens together of the two pairs. I have someone who said they would take the little blues, if I could only get to her. She lives in Malvern. Anyway, let me know if you are interested. If not, then good luck finding some hens! I know a lady in Camden that has lots of chickens. Her screen name on here is De. Maybe she has something.

Oh, and [​IMG]

9. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    Yes, I am interested, I looked up the chicks and I am familiar with both. I also want a couple of Pekins. I have a wonderful Roo, an possibly a 4 month roo, and I would consider yours but would love it if you friend did. I don't know how to get to 'chickens for sale' but will search. Thanks!!

10. ChicotSherry

ChicotSherry New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    I cannot find the 'chickens for sale' thread. Is it possible for me to post there?? If so where is the thread. Sorry, newbie to this forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by