Southeast Missouri Ozarks Exotic Bird Auction/Consignment Sale

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Scott, May 25, 2010.

1. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    I am thinking about organizing an exotic bird auction/consignment sale in Southeast Missouri this fall. However, I am trying to get an idea if there are enough people interested in attending such an event. If held, the auction/consignment sale would be held in Puxico, Missouri this Fall. For those unfamiliar with the area, Puxico is located about an hour from Cape Girardeau, Missouri (near the Illinois border). The focus of this auction would be game birds, ornamental pheasants, quail, peafowl, guineas, turkeys, emu, ostriches, domestic ducks, and wild waterfowl, as well as bantam and standard chickens. If need be, it could be expanded to included exotic livestock. If you think you would be interested in attending this event as a buyer or seller, let me know. Right now I am just trying to get an idea if there are enough bird people to justify such an event , but if I get enough positive feedback, I'd likely begin advertising for a Fall auction. If you're in the area and interested in helping to plan this event, let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Bump...

3. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Hey, Scott ~ Sure, I'd be delighted to see another bird event here in our neighborhood. I would be there for certain, both to sell and probably buy. GO FOR IT!!! I would definitely help spread the word!

4. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    I just wonder if there are enough people to justify such an event. Does the Fruitland Swap get quite a few people?

5. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Songster

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    This month was the biggest I've ever seen. There were probably at least 30 sellers. We always do pretty well there. Do you have an "in" with Puxico Sale barn? I don't know who has it now, but we used to go there for their horse sales. We went to a new swap in Il Sunday, and he had a fair turnout. He advertised it on Craigslist, so if you decide to have it, I'd definitely go the Craigslist route. Keep me updated. Thanks!

6. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    My uncle owns it. I'm out there occasionally. I'm definately gonna have to get out there to the Fruitland Swap.

7. I would love to go to the Puxico one but cant find up to date info on it :( Know the days and times?

8. Betsy57

Betsy57 Songster Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Murphysboro IL USA
    I'm looking to replace my Black Cayuga drake. He was recently killed by something. My poor girls are really missing him. I would also accept a Black Swedish. Know anywhere I could get one? My gals are about 1.5 years old.
    Ducksinarow gave me a 7 month old Khaki Campbell drake! He's doing great with his new gals!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by