Southeastern Ohio? WV/

roseymama

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
I'm in Southeastern Ohio (Marietta)... close to Williamstown and Parkersburg West Virginia. Also Athens, Ohio.

Anyone near?

I'm dying to find someone who has experience with backyard chickens in city limits, AND someone who is trying to get rid of a broody girl!!!!!

Hi, I live in South Parkersburg and very new to BYC. I'm just getting started, or maybe not. I have have jumped the gun on building my chicken tractor. I want to get a couple of hens to keep for eggs and pets.

I don't know anyone personally in the area who has chickens. I've seen a few coops around town but they are hard to see driving down streets. My local library has a lot of books on raising chickens. I've looked at BYC and it says it is ok, no permit required yet the PKBG ordinances say otherwise and a "variance" permit is required for $25 which I feel is kinda absurd and just another way to raise revenue for the city.

Anyway, I don't have much to offer in terms of advice other than building a chicken tractor but would be open to any discussions and advice on raising chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom