Southern 101---Explanation of all things Southern

FrenchHen

Chicken Ambassador
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Bagshot Row
A continuation of a discussion from another thread, bring questions and explanations here!

FrenchHen

Chicken Ambassador
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Bagshot Row
There are two Souths: The Redeck one and the Genteel one.
Most folks are a mix of both, but the Redneck one is more represented by the media.

When a tornado hits, they WILL find the person with the fewest teeth and dirtiest hair to explain what it was like.

BantyHugger

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Ponder
I am willing to explain stuff if i can. I know there are Texan Stereotypes so if you want the reality on some of those i can try. Bring on the questions please!

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
11 Years
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
I believe it's Chondra Pierce who, in her own inimitable way, says: "in the South, you can say anything you want to about somebody as long as you follow it with 'Bless her/his heart...'"

BantyHugger

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Ponder
Quote:Um, I didn't know that it was. Around here if I were to ask my friends if they wanted a coke they'd say "No, i only drink sprite (or Dr.Pepper or whatever)"

FrenchHen

Chicken Ambassador
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Bagshot Row
Yes. It's all Coke.
Pepsi is not Southern. Coke's center is Atlanta, Georgia. Pepsi's center is in New York (I think). Since southern > northern, everything is coke.

Unless it's an RC. Which goes great with Moon Pies. But that's another topic.

Some of the stereotypes are close to accurate, but most folks (not just southerners) resent being boxed into a stereotype.

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Quote:Maybe for the same reason my friends from up North call all carbonated beverages "pop"

It's actually called Pop because of Faygo, a beverage made and distributed in Detroit Mi......

Top Bottom