Southern California Gorgeous "Silver" Silkie Roo and Partridge Silkie Hen Companion Need Loving Fore

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by CKSilkies, Dec 26, 2012.

1. CKSilkies

CKSilkies New Egg

Jan 22, 2012
    Anaheim, CA
    Hi,

I bought this beautiful young silkie "hen" for $30 from a guy on craigslist. The silkie was only three months old but the guy swore he was a hen. Well, he's not. He just started crowing this morning. We live in the city of Anaheim and unfortunately are not allowed to have roosters. He is the sweetest, loving little thing. About 4 months old now.

I am sending him to his new home with his friend. She is a partridge silkie hen already laying eggs. She is under one year old.
    She is also very sweet and loving once you get a hold of her. She doesn't like to be caught unless she's indoors but once she's in your arms she's sweet as ever.

Please respond to this post if you're interested in loving these two silkies.
    Thanks,
    Cairy

2. CKSilkies

CKSilkies New Egg

Jan 22, 2012
    Anaheim, CA
    Here are pictures of the silkies in need of a new home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chickencrazy21

chickencrazy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    west covina california
    have you talked to your neighbors? as long as no one calls you on your roosters you'll be fine. as is we have one and there not allowed and i know our neighbors are going to call on us because we call about there vicious dog. but animal control has yet to show up. so until animal control shows up our rooster is staying where hes at plus we have papers from norco shelter where we adopted "her" that says shes female. they can fine me im done he doenst make that much noise. but try talking to them. they may not mind depending how close it is.

4. CKSilkies

CKSilkies New Egg

Jan 22, 2012
    Anaheim, CA
    I haven't asked my neighbors if they mind. One of them is a bit complainey and we're already in violation of the proximity law. Our yard isn't large enough to have the girl's house more than 20 feet from a neighbors yard. close but not quite. Anyway we found them a new home very quickly. Thanks for responding to my post.

5. SilkiesnFrizzle

SilkiesnFrizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    I will take them, if your willing to ship. :

6. kelly77

kelly77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Have you found a home for them yet? Maybe post an add in the paper...wish you were closer I would take them. I have Silkies and Frizzles

7. CKSilkies

CKSilkies New Egg

Jan 22, 2012
    Anaheim, CA
    I did find them a new home. They are now living on a farm in Lancaster, CA. :)

8. kelly77

kelly77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Oh Good!

9. mbiondo

mbiondo Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2012
    Ramona, CA
    Sorry I found out too late..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by