Southern California Shows

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Craig'sHens, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Craig'sHens

Craig'sHens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    Southern California
    This is my first year with chickens so I'd like to be able to attend a show that I might be able to show in next year. My Internet search has not turned up much in southern California. How do you go about finding APA shows in your area (for large fowl)?

2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    San Diego County Fair- late June, Del Mar

SoCal Fair- early October, Perris

There's another one in Ventura that I think is put on by a poultry group, but I don't remember the time of year.

3. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    there are also serama shows... um... i think there are some bantam shows as well, but i have never been to they... i'll look for they and post they on they later today...

edit: i have a bad habit of posting before reading the entire post... LOL... i just saw that you wanted standard sized shows... i wouldn't know really...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. 3dogs

3dogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    southern CA
    Your best bet to find out about APA shows is probably to subscribe to The Poultry Press. There are some past and upcoming shows listed at http://californiapoultrypeople.blogspot.com. Also, if you join your breed's organization/club they will most likely announce shows.

5. Craig'sHens

Craig'sHens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    Southern California
    Thanks all. The SoCal Fair is not too far so I may visit there.

Is the format of the fair prety similar to the APA shows?

Craig

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by