1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Southern Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Baymule, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG]

This is the side view of my coop. I built it with plenty of hardware cloth for good air flow and ventilation. I also ran hardware cloth 12 inches all the way around the bottom. Then I laid hardware cloth on the ground all around the coop too.

[​IMG]

Oops, this came out big and the other one small. Dunno what I am doing lol Anyway this is Paris at the back of our coop. She was a chicken-playing-with-them-to-death gift! Not to mention the huge holes she digs in the yard. I used mostly used building materials. The coop total cost was around $350, including paying a friend $60 to help set the posts and get the roof on.

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Sweet!
    Looks like lots of shade and breezes for them. [​IMG]

3. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Nice coop. I'm getting ready to build something similar for silkies (just a little lower to the ground). Thanks for sharing the pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by