Southern Farm Hatchery!?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Gvnam, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Gvnam

Gvnam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    I ordered 4 black sex link chicks from southern farm hatchery. The first time, I waited a week for our order to be shipped. I called in after one week to discover there had been an error with my order and they hadn't contacted me. After fixing that, I waited another week, called in to hear my order wouldn't be shipped until a week or two after that day. Today, I haven't gotten any emails stating the order had been shipped and so I e-mailed them and I am still waiting for a reply, there two weeks are up... In total, I have waited a month for this hatchery to get my order shipped. I have prepared everything for the chicks this week and was looking forward to them and had even gotten my schedule changed! ... Any advice on what I should do if the problems persist? Should I call and complain?

Please help!!

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I would cancel and go with someone else. You have not even received the birds and there are problems. After canceling, watch to make sure they don't charge your card.

I have received chicks from Ideal(the last time), and Mt Healthy the time before. Both were good and delivered when they said.

3. Gvnam

Sep 16, 2011
    The thing is, they charge you the whole shipment and then 15% more if you cancel. Also, they are the only hatchery I could find with black sex links available and that do small orders.... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I would call the credit card company. Just let them know those people did not send out as agreed. If they are not even letting you know what is going on, that is a bad situation.

There are some others that do small orders. Meyers does small orders, but they are a little high. Their website is http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ .
    IDeal does small orders but it has to come to 25$. That would be about 9-10 chickens for a BSL . However, it cost less than Meyers. I would just give the others away.
    One hint if you do use Ideal..ask for pullets only. That way they will not put males in for warmth.

5. Gvnam

Sep 16, 2011
    I figure I'll just complain and see if they will give any discount or anything. If I don't get them at all this week, they'll definitely here from me. It gets cold up here pretty fast and I don't want to have the choices cooped up all the time...

6. monkeemakr

monkeemakr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Swansea, SC
    Hope it works out, but if it doesn't, Ideal still has black sex links and I've gotten excellent service from them with good healthy chicks.

7. Gvnam

Sep 16, 2011
    I got a call from the hatchery today. They said they're sorry and that their incubators broke down this week and the eggs hadn't hatched. They said they will get our order shipped first thing next week and they are very sorry for any inconveniences.

I guess I can wait one more week... Any advice on raising chicks during the cold months???

8. Gvnam

Sep 16, 2011
    They finally shipped them!!!

9. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Congrats with your new babies! Enjoy them while they grow to become big and beautiful

10. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps
    Quote:So, how do they look? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by